Department of Aviation
REACH FOR THE SKY WITH HAMPTON AVIATION!
The Department of Aviation in the School of Engineering & Technology provides students with preparation for a variety of careers in aviation.
As one of only 40 Aviation programs accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI), we ensure our students are provided with quality education, training, and expertise that meets industry standards.
Since 1985, our graduates have entered the industry as airport operators, pilots, and air traffic controllers, equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful.
The Department of Aviation offers the Bachelor of Science in the following:
- Flight Education (Professional Pilot)
- Aviation Management - Air Traffic Control
- Aviation Management - Airport Administration
Why Choose Hampton Aviation?
- Each Aviation program is accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI)
- Only Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved Air Traffic-Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) program
- Small class sizes and one-on-one instruction
- Vast Aviation networking with alumni and industry professionals
Ready to to reach new heights and join our Aviation family? Click the button below to get started!
Department Recent News
Hampton University Aviation Department Finishes in Top 3 of the 2021 FAA Challenge: Smart Airport Student Competition
Innovation partnership establishes StrataGem as platform for Hampton University's Air Traffic Controller Training
CONNECT WITH HU AVIATION!