Department of Aviation
The Department of Aviation
The Department of Aviation in the School of Engineering and Technology provides students with preparation for a variety of careers in aviation. Combined with a strong liberal arts background, the aviation program prepares students to participate in building the future of the aviation industry. The Department also prepares its students to be professionals by demonstrating the value of life-long learning through research projects and the value of service to the University, aviation profession, and community. Hampton University’s Department of Aviation is the only one of the 105 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) in America with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved ATCI program.
The Department of Aviation is committed to providing a high quality aviation education for all its students with faculty actively involved in advancing the aviation community as a whole. We strive to prepare students for meaningful aviation careers within government and the aerospace industry, and to instill a strong sense of social awareness and responsibility to the public. The Department of Aviation has established itself as a high-quality Bachelor of Science degree program with a national reputation for outstanding graduates.
- To provide an educational setting and methodology that prepares graduates to compete for meaningful careers within the field of aviation;
- To provide an atmosphere conducive to the encouragement of analytical thought appropriate for professionals and administrators in aviation;
- To encourage and develop student growth as responsible, perceptive citizens, imbued with the distinctive ethical code and culture of Hampton University;
- To encourage participation in national organizations, which will provide graduates with a network of support for their chosen career path;
- To facilitate intern/cooperative opportunities for students with the Aviation industry.